Are you looking for an experienced, highly qualified permanent makeup artist?
Dermagrpahics by Jenice is now a team of two Professional Permanent Makeup Technicians, Jenice Hickman and Katie Keenan.
As the first woman to become Board Certified in Micropigmentation in North Carolina, I feel very strongly that this certification is a ‘must have’ when you are looking for a technician. It demonstrates the commitment of the technician to uphold the highest standards in the industry, and validates that they have reached a level of expertise that is respected by other experts in the field!
One of my clients summed it up quite well when she asked her doctor what to look for in selecting a Derma-Technician and was told “look for someone with Board Certification.”
Jenice James Hickman, RN
CPCP, CMI, DAAM, FAAM
Member Trainer of the SPCP
Board Certified Instructor of the AAM
Professional Accreditation, Degrees, etc.
- Registered Nurse – Active License with the NC Board of Nursing
- Certified Permanent Cosmetic Professional – CPCP – 2005
- Wake Co’s Only Double Board Certified Instructor & Technician
- NC Board of Nursing. RN – Active License 1989 to present
- Attended Mesa Community College, Mesa AZ & Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- Board Certified Diplomat and Member of the American Academy of Micropigmentation (AAM) – 1999
- Fellow of the American Academy of Micropigmentation – 2000
- Charter Member of the Permanent Cosmetic Instructors Association (PCIA) – 2004
- Board Certified Instructor of the American Academy of Micropigmentation – 2002
- Approved Trainer and Instructor of The Society of Permanent Cosmetics -2004
- The only Double Board Certified instructor and technician in North Carolina
- Certified Para-Medical Technician
- Member of the American Institute of Permanent Color Technology (AIPCT)- 1998
- Diplomat of the American Council of Dermagraphics Research (ACDR) – 1998
- Listed in Who’s Who in Permanent Makeup – 1998
- Natural Therapeutic Specialist (NTS)
- Licensed Massage & Bodywork Therapist (LMBT) – North Carolina
- Graduate of the New Mexico School of Natural Therapeutics, Albuquerque, NM
Professional Career Includes
- Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC – RN Critical Care
- The Carolina Center for Alternative Medicine, Raleigh, NC – Nursing Supervisor
- Central Carolina Community Hospital, Sanford, NC – RN Med-Surgery
- Rex Healthcare. Apex, NC – RN
- Active employed in Healthcare since 1979
- Owner of Body & Soul Therapeutic Massage, Cary, NC
- Owner of Dermagraphics By Jenice Permanent Makeup/ North Carolina Institute For Permanent Cosmetics, Cary, NC
Areas of Special Studies or Advanced Training
- Facial Derma Pigmentation – AIPCT – 1998
- Advanced Permanent Makeup Applications – AIPCT – 1999
- Macro Theory Dermagraphics – ACDR – 1999
- Intensive Advanced Course in Micropigmentation – Permanent Lip Color Technique – 20 Minute Lips – 2000
- Advanced Eyebrows – Rose Marie Beauchemin, Brow Hospital, Mt Laurel, NJ
- Advanced Training – Joyce Cirasuola, Boca Ta2, Williston, Florida
- Areola Complex, Camouflage & Color Correction Course, Derma Star Productions – 2002
- Advanced Eyeliner – Rose Marie Beauchemin, Mt Laurel, NJ.
- Blush Application & Eyeliner Shadowing – Advanced Permanent Cosmetic Design Studio
- Pat Connell, Atlanta, Georgia
- OSHA Blood Borne Pathogens – Certified Annually
- BLS (Basic Life Support) & CPR Certification – Renewal 2005
Katie has been a medical Esthetician for 11 years with an emphasis in advanced skin treatments. She is a graduate of Wake Tech, with an Associate in Arts Degree and the Mitchells Academy Esthetics Program. Her certifications also include Advanced Training in Chemical Peels & cosmeceuticals, Cosmedix Product & peel training, Advanced Laser Skin Rejuvenation & Laser Hair Removal and Advanced Training in makeup application and skin enhancement.
Trained at the Beau Institute, in Mt Laurel, New Jersey, under the guidance of Rose Marie Beauchemin. Now working with Jenice Hickman, RN and Board Certified Instructor & Technician.
Areas of Special Studies or Advanced Training
- Wake Tech Community College- Associate in Arts Degree
- Mitchells Academy Esthetician program
- Advance training Makeup application and skin enhancement
- Advance training chemical peel and cosmeceuticals
- Cosmedix product and peel training
- Advance Laser skin rejuvenation, laser hair removal
- Permanent cosmetics training The Beau institute
- Osha Blood borne pathogens certified
Dermagraphics By Jenice is Inspected and licensed Annually by the Wake County Health Department.
To schedule an appointment, call 919-319-6556
Cary, NC 27511